Water for everyone
29th November – 2nd December, 2016. The RWSN Forum is the foremost global event on rural water services and takes place every 5 years.
The 7th RWSN Forum explored the practicalities of reaching the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Human Right to Water in rural areas and small towns.
Discussions in all sessions centered around key issues in rural water supply including:
- Provision of adequate water services for women
- The need for increased funding for purchase of spare parts, continuous monitoring and capacity development
- Empowering communities to engage effectively with government to increase access to water and sanitation
- Sustainable rural and small town water supply and the building blocks necessary to ensure sustainable services
- Ways of strengthening local government capacity
- Supporting citizens and media to hold government accountable and put pressure for better service delivery.